On Campus Services
Database Tutorial Webpage
The Database Tutorial Webpage (DTW) is designed to guide library users through the HCC Library's Online Resources subscription databases. The HCC Library subscribes to eleven (11) reference databases. The databases have common "search strategies". However, each database has a unique reference features that are fully explained in depth during an Information Literacy session given by the librarian.
Library users need to be provided the knowledge and the skills to successfully navigate these databases. The tutorials associated with each HCC Library Online Resources are suited to meet this need beyond the normal classroom presentation venue, in a self-paced environment.
The Database Tutorial is in PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader is freely available and required to view and print PDF files. If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed, Download Adobe Acrobat Reader and follow the installation instructions.
If You already have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed,
- is available 24/7
- is a "one-stop" center for all library resource tutorials
- provides screen-shots of database searches
- shows unique reference features of each database
- provides a Table of Contents listing each database tutorial
- provides links to each database that has existing "Help" in text format, animation, or digital streaming video presentation
Online Resources/Subscription Databases
- Access Science
- EBSCO Host
- Info Trac
- Opposing Viewpoints
- ProQuest NewStand