Financial Aid - Loans
Student loans can be an important source of funds to a college student. Different loans have different requirements and benefits.
Available loans include:
Federal Perkins Loan are low-interest (5 percent) loans for both undergraduate and graduate students with exceptional financial need.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office for eligibility
- Perkins Entrance Counseling
- Federal Perkins Loan Information
Stafford Loans are either subsidized or unsubsidized. You may receive a subsidized loan and an unsubsidized loan for the same enrollment period.
- Apply Federal Stafford Loan
- Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling
- Stafford Loan Exit Counseling
- Federal Stafford Loan Information
MN SELF Loans
A Minnesota Student Educational Loan Fund (SELF) is a variable rate loan through the State of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1>Minnesotarequiring a credit worthy co-signer.
- Apply MN SELF Loan
- SELF Entrance Counseling
- Click here for the interest rate?
- Start here for online SELF Pre-Approval
- Once approved, complete the SELF Loan Online Application
PLUS Loans (Parent Loans) are loans that a parent borrows to help their child pay for educational expenses. Borrower must have an acceptable credit history. Students whose parent has been denied a PLUS may be eligible to receive additional Stafford loan.
Alternative Student Loans
Alternative student loans may be used to supplement federal student loans, grants and other forms of financial aid not sufficient to cover the full cost of education. These loans are made to students or parents by lending institutions. Funds may be used for any education related expense.