Arrowhead Law Enforcement Training
Please read the following directions carefully before proceeding.
The three training courses offered (Hazardous Materials, Bloodborne/Airborne Pathogens, and Use of Force) are required for licensed Law Enforcement Officers of Minnesota. If you are not a licensed Law Enforcement Officer of MN please do not proceed.
You are required to have a valid email address before you proceed.
If you have problems with registering, you may contact one of the following:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact either by phone or email. Gwen and Rose would prefer emails, but certainly will take your calls.
Office: (218) 262-7270
Office: (218) 262-7204
Office: (218) 262-7281
We will be asking you to provide your social security number for billing/login purposes. If you do not provide us with your social security number, this may delay your access to your online course.
NOTE: The College is asking you to provide information that includes private and/or confidential information under state and federal law. The college is asking for this information in order to process your registration. You are not legally required to provide the information the college is requesting. With some exceptions, unless you consent to further release of private information, access to this information will be limited to school officials, including faculty who have legitimate educational interests in the information. Minnesota State Colleges and Universities abides by the provision of Title IX and other federal and state laws forbidding discrimination on the basis of sex, race, national origin or handicap, and all other state and federal laws regarding equal opportunity.
Follow the steps below to complete your registration (please read carefully):
- If you: are a current student, have previously attended HCC, or at some time participated in the Arrowhead Region Law Enforcement Training; then you are ready to register and you can proceed to step 2 (you will need your login information, please contact the enrollment contact if you do not have it).
- If you do not meet any of the above criteria, you will need to create an account before proceeding (when your account is created, return here for further instructions). Click here to begin creating an account.
- You will need to search our course schedule to register for classes. After reading the next steps, follow the link below step 3 to start your search. Change the following search criteria before searching: the semester, and the subject (NELT Northeast Law Training).
Read through the list of available courses until you find Haz-Mat Online, Bloodborne Pathogens Online, and Use of Force Online. To find the correct class to register for, look at the Dates/Times. When you are ready, Add the class to your cart. (Note: you will be asked for your login information). You can multiple classes to your cart. To complete the registration, you will need to "Checkout" the items in your cart.
Once you have registered for your classes, and waited 24 hours please refer back to this page to login to your online course. The information you will need is provided below.
Hibbing Community College is now using StarID to logon to Desire2Learn. StarID website:https://starid.mnscu.edu/
How do I get my StarID?
Go to https://starid.mnscu.edu/go/activate/ and use any one of the following:
- Tech ID/Student ID: (8-digit number; if you don't know this number, you can get from college staff with identification (driver's license or college ID card); you'll also need the last four digits of your social security number)
- Personal Email: (email address you used when you applied to college; a verification code will be sent to that address)
- Verification Code: a temporary code sent to you via your personal email
What are the PASSWORD rules?
To protect your private information, you need to choose a complex password and change it every 180 days. That means:
- Between 8 and 128 characters long
- Includes at least three of the following types of characters: uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, special character
- May not have been used before
Tips for creating great passwords can be found here: https://starid.mnscu.edu/help/#passwords
HCC technical support staff can show you what to do or direct you to someone who can help.
Forgot your StarID or Password? Go to https://starid.mnscu.edu/go/forgotpassword/
You may also contact us by phone at 218-263-2970 or stop by our office in room C-232.